Looking for something good to read? Our M4M mentors are sharing their book recommendations with us. Check out what’s on their shelves and what they recommend for moms.
Leisa Bilello recommends…
- If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg
A funny look at myself and life – John’s style is an insightful, yet easy and humorous, read.
- A Wife After God’s Own Heart by Elizabeth George
Elizabeth shares 12 things that really matter in your marriage. A great read alone or in a women’s small group.
- Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say it, and When to Say Nothing At All by Karen Ehman
This book was hysterical and spot-on.
- The Smart Stepmom: Practical Steps to Help You Thrive by Ron L. Deal and Laura Petherbridge
This is a great resource for stepmoms who don’t know where to turn for help.
- Married to Distraction: How to Restore Intimacy and Strengthen Your Partnership in an Age of Interruption by Edward Hallowell MD and Sue George Hallowell
While this book was not written specifically from a biblical perspective, it was very eye-opening. My husband and I read this together, not necessarily willingly, and it walked us through some places in our life that needed hands-on help.
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Became Parents by Gary Chapman with Shannon Warden
Check back next month for more book recommendations! For more M4M recommended reads, check out our Pinterest board @NorthlandM4M.