Looking for something good to read? Our M4M mentors are sharing their book recommendations with us. Check out what’s on their shelves and what they recommend for moms.
Betty Baker recommends…
- Fight Fair: Winning at Conflict Without Losing at Love by Tim and Joy Downs. How to have healthy disagreements.
- The New Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson. Challenging as they are to raise, strong-willed children can grow up to be men and women of strong character!
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. This book talks about when to say yes and when to say no to take control of your life.
- Why Her? You, Your Mother-in-Law/Daughter-in-Law and the Big Picture by Becky Hunter, Lisa Hunter, Rhonda Hunter, and Elizabeth Hunter. A fresh way of looking at the mother/daughter-in-law relationship.
Jodi Boncore recommends…
- Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver talks about finding intimacy with God in the “busyness” of life.
- Any parenting book by Dr. Kevin Leman (e.g. Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours)
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian—the title says it all!
Check back next month for more book recommendations! For more M4M recommended reads, check out our Pinterest board @NorthlandM4M.